mFortune want you to enjoy your online gambling experience and advise you to follow these guidelines:
- Please try and establish limits for purchasing, wagering and even losses before you commence gambling.
- Gambling is not advised if it interferes with your daily commitments.
- Gambling is not advised if you are in recovery for any dependency or are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance.
- Gambling is not advised if your primary aim is to recoup your debt with your winnings.
If you would like further advice, support and free counselling for the prevention and treatment of problem gambling in the UK, then please contact GamCare, whose details are provided below:
UK Based Helpline : 0808 8020 133
Or through their website at www.gamcare.org.uk
You can also contact Gamble Aware who offer more information on responsible gambling, please visit www.gambleaware.co.uk
There are also a number of companies who provide software which once installed allows you to completely block individual computers from accessing gambling internet sites, these include:
If you feel you may have a problem with your gambling, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you stay away from work or college to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the bus fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have gambled?
- Have others ever criticised your gambling?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or pay gambling debts?
- Are you reluctant to spend “gambling money” on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or interests?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
The more you answer “yes” to these questions, the more likely you are to have a serious gambling problem.
mFortune uses sophisticated age verification systems and procedures to minimise the risk of underage customers from using our on-line services. Nevertheless, we recommend that parents and guardians who use a family-shared computer to install filtering software in order to restrict internet access to children and minors.
There are a number of parental filtering solutions that can be used to monitor or restrict access to the Internet:
- Net Nanny - filtering software that protects children from inappropriate web content.
- Cyber Sitter - a filtering software which allows parents to add their own sites to block.
The session limit facility allows players the option to set a frequency of time they have been playing a current session. A current session is valid on an individual game basis and will not carry over if the player changes games or logs out and back in again, a new session limit will need to be set. Where the player access a game via the website and the game is open on another tab when they set their limit, the player must refresh the game before the limit will take effect. To enable these settings, log onto your account then go to Responsible Gambling > More Info > Set Session Limit. For more information please contact our Customer Care Team by texting the word HELP to 85777 or call 01384 880842.
This facility enables customers to limit the amount of money they are able to deposit into their account over a time period decided by the player.
To enable these settings, log onto your account then go to Responsible Gambling > Set Limits.
These amounts may be revised downwards at any time but any increase will only be implemented after 24 hours following the request.
Our Customer Care Team will be happy to provide any further information required but are unable to override limits set by customers. For more information please contact our Customer Care Team by texting the word HELP to 85777 or call 01384 880842.
What is self-exclusion?
When a person reaches the point where they feel they can no longer gamble safely and their only option is to stop gambling, then we have a self-exclusion facility in place to stop them gambling. The process is instigated by the customer when they feel they need to stop gambling for a period of time and wish to seek help and advice.
When someone enters into a self-exclusion, they will be prevented from using their account for a specified period. We currently offer online self-exclusion for periods between 6 months and 5 years.
The self-exclusion process?
To use our self-exclude facility, please contact our customer support team on 01384 880842 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of all the accounts you have and the period that wish the self-exclusion to apply to. If no period is stated, we will exclude you for the minimum period of 6 months.
You will be able to request self-exclusion without contacting our customer support team by using our automated service. To self-exclude text the word EXCLUDE to 85777. The self-exclusion will be in place for the minimum period of 6 months.
If you are considering self-exclusion, you may wish to register with GAMSTOP.
GAMSTOP is a free service that enables you to self-exclude from all online gambling companies licensed in Great Britain.
To find out more and to sign up with GAMSTOP please visit www.gamstop.co.uk
Access to Customer History
Players can gain access to their full history of transactions by visiting www.mfortune.co.uk then selecting My Account.
Log on by entering your mobile phone number and password.
Players can easily access a full history of transactions, withdrawals and deposits. A player’s balance is always available here.
Over 18 Only
In the United Kingdom it is illegal for someone who is under 18 years of age to gamble. We are entitled to verify any information you give us when you open an account to ensure you are over the age of 18 and we may ask you to provide us with proof you are over 18. You will not be able to withdraw any winnings until our verification process has been satisfactorily completed. In any event, if you have failed to satisfactorily complete our age verification checks within 72 hours of your registering a relevant bank card and placing your first bet or wager, we are entitled to freeze your account, prevent you from gambling any further until you have satisfactorily completed these checks. If, upon completion of age verification, you are ultimately shown to be underage, we will return all stakes to you but are under no obligation to pay any winnings. We also reserve the right to deduct any fees that we have incurred as a result of your invalid registration.
In order to avoid unlawful betting we may undertake a search with a third party for the purpose of verifying that you are 18 or over. mFortune suggest that, to prevent potential misuse by children and others, your username and password remain confidential at all times.