It’s arguably one of the most iconic casino games in the world, but do you really know how to play ? Because there’s so much more to this casino classic than simply choosing “Red or Black?”.
In this Beginner’s Guide to Roulette we’ll help you understand exactly how to play roulette, the different bets you can make, and share some tips and tricks with you so you can master our exclusive roulette – now in real 3D when you play via our app or via your mobile browser. Let’s get straight to it!
Getting Started With Roulette
Roulette is played with a large wheel with a series of number pockets. mFortune’s Classic Roulette is which means the wheel has 37 numbered spaces – the numbers 1-36 and a single 0 section. American Roulette has two 0s.
These sections are coloured in alternate red and black with the 0 being the only green pocket on the wheel. This wheel is spun and a ball is dropped in. To play roulette, you place a bet on which of these sections you think the ball will land on.
Placing a Bet in Roulette
When it comes to making a bet in roulette, there are loads of different options to familiarise yourself with. The most common, or at least, the most well-known, is “Red or Black?” but did you know that there are loads of different ways to bet on the outcome of the roulette wheel?
Roulette bets are split into “Inside Bets” – bets on individual numbers – and “Outside Bets” – bets on groups of numbers. You can choose to bet however you like, there’s just one rule you need to remember: your bet can’t cover more than 75% of the board.
Here is a quick guide to all of the combinations of bets you can make:
· Single Number or Straight Bet – This is where you bet on a single number, and the ball has to land on this number for you to win.
· 2 Way or Split Bet – This is when you place your chip on the line in between two adjacent numbers on the board. If either of these numbers come in, you’ll have won.
· 3 Way or Street – This type of roulette bet is made when you place your chip on the line at the bottom of a row of three numbers. If the ball stops on any of these three, you win.
· 4 Way or Corner – This bet sees you place you chip on the cross-section of four numbers to form a square. You’ll win if the ball lands on any of these four.
· 6 Way or 6 Line – Placing your chip at the bottom of a line of six adjacent numbers will give you a 6 Way or 6 Line bet. If the ball lands on any of these, you’ll grab a win.
· Colours – This is the one you know! Bet on either all the red numbers, or all the black ones. If the ball lands on a number in your chosen colour, it’s a win.
· Dozen – You can choose whether you think the ball will land on a number between 1-12, 13-24 or 25-36.
· Column – Place your chip on ‘2 to 1’ at the end of the column to bet on all numbers in that column.
· Halves – Bet on which half of the board you think the winning number will come from, either 1-18 or 19-36.
· Odds or Evens – Much like Red or Black, you choose whether you think the number will be Odd or Even.
When playing roulette, here are a number of tips you should remember.
1. Practice play in Demo Mode first
This way, you’ll get a feel for the game, how to place your bets, and a chance to try different bets without actually spending any money. When you’re confident, you can play for real cash.
2. Make the most of your chips.
You’ll have chips of different values and it’s wise to make the most of them. Never bet more than you can afford, and always keep an eye on how much you’re spending. You can remove a chip from the board at any time before you hit spin.
3. Gamble responsibly.
Roulette, like all of our games, is a real-money gambling game and one of chance. Wins are not guaranteed, and we at mFortune remind all of our players to gamble responsibly. You can read up on some of the ways we help you to do this here.
So there you have it! A quick guide on how to play roulette. Why not put your new knowledge to the test and try your hand at today?