Today marks the beginning of Safer Gambling Week 2020! At mFortune, we’re excited to be taking part in this nationwide event, all about safe, fun and sustainable gambling.
As a mobile casino operator, this topic is SO important to us! We’re constantly working on new ways to protect our players and ensure that we’re doing all we can to promote responsible gambling. Getting involved in Safer Gambling Week is just one of the ways we can help to make the gambling industry fairer and safer for everyone.
What is Safer Gambling Week all about?
Running from 19th to 25th November 2020, Safer Gambling Week is a national initiative, designed to help raise awareness of safer gambling. It’s led by the gambling industry, and aims to encourage conversations between operators, customers, staff and the wider public about how we can all help to support those who have an issue with gambling, and how people can enjoy gambling safely.
The campaign aims to raise awareness of:
- How to gamble more safely
- The tools that are available to help people gamble safely all year round
- Sources of more advice and support
What tools are available from mFortune?
A number of useful safer gambling tools are available to mFortune players via our
404When logged into your account, you can request:
- Session Limits: sometimes when you’re having fun, it can be easy to lose track of time. Session limits allow you to create an alert to let you know when you’ve been playing for a set period of time. This can be a great reality check to remind you to take a break.
- Deposit Limits: this tool allows you to set a limit on how much you can deposit within a certain period of time. You can lower your deposit limit at any time, reducing the amount that you can deposit into your account. If you wish to raise your deposit limit, this will take 24-hours to take effect, giving you time to consider if you’re definitely happy to do so.
- Cool-Down-Period: if you feel that you need to take a break from playing, you can set a cool-down period of one day, 7 days or 4 weeks. This can be a great way to take a step back and consider if you’d like to continue playing after your cool-down ends.
If you feel that you aren’t able to gamble safely, or you want to take a longer-term break, we recommend that you self-exclude from mFortune and all of our sister casino sites. This will prevent you from accessing your account and playing any of our games for a minimum of six months.
If you would like to self-exclude, please contact our customer support team on 01384 884468 or send an email to email@example.com with the details of all the accounts you have and the period that you wish the self-exclusion to apply to. If no period is stated, we will exclude you for the minimum period of 6 months. You can also request self-exclusion without contacting our customer support team by using our automated service. To self-exclude, text the word EXCLUDE to 85777. The self-exclusion will be in place for the minimum period of 6 months.
What other tools can mFortune players access?
- GamStop: If you are considering self-exclusion, you may wish to register with GAMSTOP – a free service that enables you to self-exclude from all online gambling companies licensed in Great Britain.
- GamCare: For free advice, support and counselling for the prevention and treatment of problem gambling in the UK, please contact GamCare.
- GambleAware: A resource that offers free information on responsible gambling, including how to access resources available to help.
What else does mFortune do to promote responsible gambling?
The company behind mFortune and its sister sites, Intouch Games holds the GamCare Advanced Level 2 Safer Gambling Standard Accreditation.
The Advanced Level accreditation recognises that Intouch Games has safer gambling at the forefront of its business and has gone beyond the expected social responsibility targets across its UK casino brands.
Help and support from our 24-hour customer support team
You can reach our friendly, UK-based customer support team 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you have any concerns about safer gambling, please don’t hesitate to reach out for support. You can request a call back or use live chat for free in-app or in the support section of our website. Alternatively, call us on 01384 884468 or text HELP to 85777 for a free call back. We’re here to help!